About the Library
09:00 ~ 18:00
Closed onEvery 2nd and 4th Mondays, public holidays except Sundays
(Exceptions : Closed on Sundays during Lunar New Year’s and Chuseok Holidays.)
※ Note: Opened on Children’s Day (May 5).
Using the library
Please refer to the below procedure for library use.
※ Please note that NLCY materials are available only in the library building, and rental service is unavailable.
- Sign up as a member through the homepage or the user registration PC within the library (1F).
※ Upon member subscription, verification via mobile phone registered under the applicant’s name or IPIN verification is required.
- After ID verification at the user pass issuance room (1F), the user pass will be issued.
※ For those below the age of 18, verification can be made with health insurance card, certified copy of resident registration and student card.
Type of library cards
- Daily pass : To be returned after use
- Regular pass : Type that is kept by the user
- National Library of Korea’s regular pass can also be used.※ As for the daily pass, it can be issued from the Pass Issue Machine from the second visit.
- Materials can be found using Book Search PCs within the library.
How to find and use materials
- Check the “Place for using materials” at the Book Search PC then use them directly at the relevant material room or apply for use.
- Direct use : Materials located in the Children’s Collection Room, Young Adult Collection Room, Research Materials and Foreign Language Collection Room can be found and used in person.
- Request for use : As for materials located in the Stacks and Multimedia Room, the staff will search the material followed by your request made through the Book Search PC
- How to request : Search for material(s) > Select material(s) > Place in basket > Select material(s) to use (maximum 5 books for each request) > Request for immediate use > Confirm > Request
As for the Regular Pass, tag the pass to go through the entrance gate and keep the pass with you.